So, I think I'm going through a time of pruning. My Thursday morning Beth Moore study is When godly people do ungodly things. Friends, this is an eye-opening study about people who love Jesus dearly, walk with Him faithfully and yet, are led astray by the evil one into sin. It's so challenging and so good. The verse that i've been meditating on the past couple weeks is:
"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
So I've just been praying that He would sanctify me through and through, and that required a little action on my part. One of the quotes from the study says, "I truly loved the Word and had begun to study it fervishly, but the enemy could still have victory over me because I was unknowingly blocking the power and protection of the Word from parts of my life that I either ignored or denied." I'm realizing that I rationalize sin away. Ugh! Things that so much of the world, even many believers would not consider sin. Such as, going 2-5 miles over the speed limit; watching certain shows on TV. God wants ALL of me. His word, thankfully is able to do a lot of the sanctifying...to the deepest parts! Check out Hebrews 4:12 in the Amplified version
"The Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing and effective]; it is shaper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart."
So, speaking of joints and marrow...my doctor thinks I have gout. I just have to say that this makes me think of the Lunch Lady Song (aka Sloppy Joe) by Adam Sandler. However, I now think that it's terrible that he used gout in a song because it's a horribly painful ordeal. Unlike the lunch lady (who had to wear brown orthopedic shoes 'cause she had a bad case of the gout), mine is in my hand. Right hand, pointer finger to be exact. You'd be surpised how little you can do when your dominant hand/finger are in excrutiating pain. I did get medicine, which I was supposed to take until the pain went away OR I got sick to my stomach. Hmmmm, can't quite decide which was worse: crying myself to sleep and waking up everytime I moved or not sleeping through the night because I have to go to the bathroom every couple hours. I'll stop there with the details. The pain did go away for 3 days...but it has unfortunately started to return. For those of you who know anything about gout and are wondering, I will answer the question you know you want to ask, "NO I have not been on a beer drinking binge." I don't think that would line up with being sanctified through and through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GOUT! I'm so sorry! My uncle had it at Christmas. I hope the pain goes away SUPER FAST for you!
Thank you for the reminder that we all need a little pruing every once in a while!
oh my gosh, buddy!! that is NO fun. :(
thanks for sharing what God is doing in you. that mph reminder, is always tricky! especially when traffic lets up, sigh.
Yuck, I'll be praying for you! I was just singing the lunch lady song to Mali today because we are having sloppy joes for the first time EVER tonight. So even more reminder to pray for you sweet friend
Post a Comment